Executive vice president since 2014, Deborah oversees four Employers Council departments: Human Resource Services, Organization Development and Learning, Outsource Consulting Services and Surveys. She began working at Employers Council (Formerly Mountain States Employers Council) in 1988.
She has delivered more than hundreds of trainings on supervision, leadership and communication to member companies and has consulted with organizations on aligning their vision, leadership, staff and operational practices to create better business results. Deborah also teaches human resource development as an affiliate professor at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
Prior to this role, Deborah worked in public policy on legislative analysis and assisted state legislatures on drafting new statues. She also worked on development and design of training for state and federal agencies as well as for judicial organizations.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Colorado Children’s Chorale (board of directors)
- Seniors Resource Center (board of directors, chair)
- Carson J Spencer Foundation (board of directors, chair)
- Denver Metro Chamber Foundation (board of directors 2007–13
- Denver Office of Strategic Partnerships (past commission chair)
- New America Schools (board of directors)
- Leadership Denver (program chair, class of 2003)
- Impact Denver (program chair 2005, 2006, 2012)
- Rotary Club of Lower Downtown (past president)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Business Awards Selection Committee
- Red Cross (board of directors, past chair)
- Metro Volunteers (board of directors, past chair)
- BA and MA, University of Colorado
- Leadership Denver, class of 1997