Wondering what’s happening with state and federal policies that will impact your organization? Colorado Nonprofit Association makes it easy to stay in the loop.
Understand and Follow Important 2019 Bills
Keep up with the Colorado General Assembly by finding out more about the key bills on our public policy agenda for Colorado’s nonprofit community. Download our 2019 Public Policy Agenda to learn more about key state and federal issues for Colorado Nonprofit Association.
Get Savvy about the Legislature
Each year, we offer a training to help nonprofits build relationships with their state legislators, learn how to navigate the Capitol, and build their advocacy program. Details coming soon for 2019!
Get Public Policy Updates
Read updates on public policy issues in our periodic Advocacy & Legal News email. We provide information and send action alerts to engage nonprofits in the most pivotal issues facing our state and sector.
Nonprofit Advocacy and Lobbying Resources
- Speak for Yourself: Nonprofit Public Policy Toolkit- download our free toolkit to boost your organization's advocacy prowess
- Tips and Tricks: Regulatory Comments- Learn how to write effective comments on state and federal regulations
- Meet Your Elected Official - Tips on meeting with a Colorado legislator
- How to Create a Fact Sheet - Includes information on how to create effective fact sheets.
- Lobbying by Letter or Email - Includes information on how to create an effective letter or email.
- Legislator Appointments - tips for setting up appointments with Colorado legislators.
- Stand for Your Mission - learn more about the national effort to get more board members involved in nonprofit advocacy
Colorado General Assembly Resources
- General Assembly Session Information - Information on the legislative calendar, bills, House and Senate journals, and audio and video from hearings.
- Find Your Legislator - Interactive map to help you find which state legislators represent your community.
- Colorado Revised Statutes
- Colorado Legislative Council - Includes links to several guides:
- Capitol Tours and Information
Nonprofit Resources for Congress
- How to contact Colorado’s members of Congress
- Find Your Representative - Find the U.S. Representative for where you live or work.
To learn more about any of these resources, contact Mark Turner, Senior Director of Public Policy.