Wondering what’s happening with state and federal policies that will impact your organization? Colorado Nonprofit Association makes it easy to stay in the loop.
Understand and Follow Important 2018 Bills
In 2018, we have taken positions supporting the following bills. Visit the webpage to learn more about these policies, show your support, and contact your legislators:
Keep up with the Colorado General Assembly by finding out more about the key bills on our public policy agenda for Colorado’s nonprofit community. On our 2018 Legislative Session webpage, you can access information about our key state bills and view our bill tracker for the latest updates.
After the session concludes, we post a report with the outcomes of all relevant bills.
Get Savvy about the Legislature
Each year, we offer a training to help nonprofits build relationships with their state legislators, learn how to navigate the Capitol, and build their advocacy program.
Get Public Policy Updates
Read updates on public policy issues in our periodic Advocacy & Legal News email. We provide information and send action alerts to engage nonprofits in the most pivotal issues facing our state and sector.
Download Your Advocacy Toolkit
Colorado Nonprofit Association has created a free toolkit to boost your organization's advocacy prowess. The rules and best practices for 501(c)(3)s regarding legislative advocacy, media, and voter engagement can be a little foggy. Our toolkit breaks down your opportunities as well as gives pointers on how to effectively work with public officials and the media.
Comment on Regulations
Check out our Tips and Tricks webpage for more information on how to comment on state or federal regulations
Get Your Board Involved
Find out more about Stand for Your Mission - a national effort to get more board members involved in nonprofit advocacy.
- How to contact Colorado’s members of Congress
- General Assembly Session Information - Information on the legislative calendar, bills, journals, audio and videos from chamber and committee hearings.
- Find Your Legislator - Interactive map to help you find which state legislators represent your community.
- Find Your Representative - Find the U.S. Representative for where you live or work.
- Colorado Legislative Council - Includes links to several guides:
- Colorado Revised Statutes
- Meet Your Elected Official - Tips on meeting with a Colorado legislator.
- How to Create a Fact Sheet - Includes information on how to create effective fact sheets.
- Lobbying by Letter or Email - Includes information on how to create an effective letter or email.
- Legislator Appointments - tips for setting up appointments with legislators.
- Ten Tips for a Successful Day at the Capitol
To learn more about any of these resources, contact Mark Turner, Senior Director of Public Policy.