Communications | Development
The Colorado Water Trust is a statewide nonprofit with a mission to restore flows to Colorado's rivers in need. Together with our diverse partners throughout the state, we are restoring habitat for fish and other wildlife, improving local economic opportunities, and where lost, returning to Colorado’s landscape the beauty of a flowing river. Since our inception in 2001, we have grown to a staff of seven with our office based in Denver, Colorado. The Colorado Water Trust has a committed and knowledgeable Board of Directors and Staff with exceptional expertise, talent and motivation as well as a passion for our mission. Internally, we promote a collaborative and supportive work environment, innovative ideas, flexibility, respect and work-life balance. To learn more about our current programs, priorities, and our team, please visit www.coloradowatertrust.org.
The Communications and Development Intern will work closely with the Development Associate to ensure the Colorado Water Trust community is engaged and informed about our work. S/he will be responsible for creating social media and newsletter content, assisting with donor management, and supporting the planning and implementation of events.
An ideal candidate shares our passion for healthy, flowing rivers and streams in Colorado, is flexible and open to new ideas, has excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and is comfortable with social media and events planning.
This is a 10 hour per week position.
- Help maintain Colorado Water Trust’s social media presence by generating blogs and posts.
- Support creation of weekly email newsletters and maintenance of other communications channels
- Assist with the coordination of events, including our annual fundraiser, RiverBank, and other small events throughout the year.
- Help Development Associate with volunteer coordination.
- Support Development Associate with the Tributary monthly donor program, including assisting with developing program benefits, solicitation, and planning special events and communications.
- Assist with research on corporate and foundation philanthropy, including finding new partnership leads, and providing background information.
- Database Maintenance :
- Assist with upkeep of Colorado Water Trust donor databases and entry of important development data.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Some experience with social media, newsletter writing, blogging or other forms of digital communication or marketing
- Preferred experience with events planning and execution
- Preferred experience with Salesforce or donor management platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Passionate belief in the mission of the Colorado Water Trust
- High degree of professionalism, reliability, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Colorado
This position is an unpaid internship, with the opportunity for compensation on certain projects. Those who need school credit hours are highly encouraged to apply.
This position will start as soon as possible and will last approximately 4 months. Extensions are encouraged.