Administrative | Communications | Development
A Precious Child is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization devoted to providing children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential.
The Community Engagement and Agency Partner Liaison will have the opportunity to directly engage with A Precious Child partners to help streamline communication and optimize the referral process.
· Assist in community engagement of current and potential Agency Partners
· Assess the needs of the communities served by agency partners to ensure that we serve the most in-need families
· Serve as point of contact for A Precious Child’s referring agency partners
· Maintain a database of current, new and renewing agency partners.
· Maintain client confidentiality and uphold a high standard of customer service
· Provide “orientation” for new and current agency partners on A Precious Child’s services and the referral process
· Assist in preparing a quarterly newsletter to all Agency Partners
· Research potential agency partners to help breach service gaps in strategic areas
· Assist in the renewal of partnership contracts
· Other projects as assigned
· Required: H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, flexibility, collaborative skills, and able to multi-task and works well with people
· Ability to work with a wide range of people and show sensitivity to individual differences
· Previous internship or related experience in customer service is a plus
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with other staff members, volunteers, and agency partners
· Enthusiasm for the mission of A Precious Child and the children and families we serve
· Preferred: Experienced undergraduate in relevant field (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Education, Non-Profit Management, etc.)
Start Date: Position open until filled; requires a 3-6 month commitment
Hours: 8 to 16 hours per week
Compensation: This position is an unpaid internship. Individuals who need hours for class credit would be highly encouraged to apply.