About Integrated Family Community Services:
Integrated Family Community Services (IFCS) is a neighborhood non-profit organization whose objective is to provide basic human services and enrichment programs to low-income people by bringing together community members and resources. We are currently seeking 5 dynamic self-starters interested in learning more about nonprofit case management to assist with our direct service programs.
In working towards helping IFCS achieve its mission, program interns serve as key members of the team and focus on determining client eligibility for services. An internship with IFCS is a way to gain valuable professional work experience, learn a wide range of skill sets, and further an impactful mission. Relay your experiences with us on a resume, during a job interview, and as practical experience in the classroom. IFCS will consider applicants seeking college level credit.
Responsibilities as an IFCS team member:
- Interviews client, client representative, or referral source to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to determine eligibility for program.
- Coordinates the intake process from the initial request for services to the final authorization; ensuring all aspects of client confidentiality are maintained.
- Completes the preliminary paperwork and standard intake forms to ensure efficient processing of services.
- Welcome clients/donors/potential volunteers and refer to appropriate staff person as necessary.
- Assist clients and agency partners by providing resource and referral information for services.
- Complete data entry tasks with accuracy and attention to detail into our client database.
- Coordinates with program team to send out paperwork to clients.
- Collaborate respectfully and productively to achieve IFCS’ overall mission.
- Contribute to a positive office culture.
- Provide support to Case Managers, as assigned.
- Reports to the Program Director.
Interns will be expected to fill one or more shifts weekly, specifically: morning sessions (8:00am – 12:30pm); afternoon sessions (12:30pm-4:30pm); and Tuesday evenings (3:30pm-6:00pm). Actual hours worked are flexible and will depend on specific projects.
Top candidates will be friendly, flexible, able to multi-task and willing to jump in when and where needed. Preference will be given to candidates who speak fluent Spanish.
This is a temporary position with no pay or benefits.