Job Description: Programs Intern
Looking to join a dynamic team that works daily to create a sustainable future? Do you value innovation, collaboration, and thrive in a fast paced, team oriented work place? If you want to be part of something bigger, part of something that is making a measurable difference in the world, this might be the right place for you.
The Alliance Center is helping to create a world where our communities are inclusive, our democracy is strong, our economy thrives, and our planet is healthy. As a Programs Intern, you will have the opportunity to support this vision through work in the Best for Colorado Program with opportunities to support other programmatic areas related to our Environment and our Communities.
Working under the close supervision from the Best for Colorado Programs Manager, the Programs Intern will provide programmatic, communications, event, and administrative support to the Best for Colorado program and other program areas of The Alliance Center, as needed. Main activities include research, business engagement, outreach, social media support, community building and event support (including logistics and metrics). This position will support the engagement of over 200 businesses throughout the state of Colorado who have made a commitment to use their business as a force for good in our state by measuring and managing their social and environmental impact through Best for Colorado.
This is a three-month temporary internship position with the potential for extension. Starting date is early March, 2019.
Skills and Experience:
- Social Media, Communications and Marketing knowledge. The ideal candidate is pursuing or has completed a degree in Marketing, Journalism, or Communications. If your major is not listed but our mission excites you, please apply!
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility principles
- Research and analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; Spanish language a plus but not required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent follow-through
- Enthusiastic interest in sustainability concepts and social impact
- Detail oriented, skilled at writing and proofing communications and ensuring accuracy in data
- Technically savvy. Highly efficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Open minded and optimistic team player, willing to take initiative and eager to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a cheerful attitude and a sense of humor is a must
- Event planning experience a plus
- Development of case studies, links to useful business resources and Best Practice Information
- Work with the Programs Manager and the Communication team to develop cohesive social media campaigns that align with marketing strategy, that increase following and drive engagement - Support with email campaigns, post blogs, interviews for case studies, and case study development. Research potential influencers to connect with on social media
- Monitor insights on all platforms and submit bi-weekly progress reports
- Perform research, data entry, data analysis, and database management
- Coordinate public and stakeholder events including planning and logistics for events and collection of impact metrics. This includes support for the Best for Colorado Awards Ceremony that will bring more than 300 stakeholders together with civic, nonprofit and academic leaders from across the state to honor business as a force for good in Colorado.
- Answer day to day requests from business participants and partners.
- Connect with program participants to seek feedback and to improve future programming
- Perform general administrative duties
Compensation & Benefits:
This internship requires 40 hours per week and pays 10-$15 per hour depending on experience level. The duration of the internship is 3 months with the potential for extension.