Reports to: Director of Communications
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week (Monday-Friday)
Compensation: Based on Qualifications
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT https://cadence.org/opportunities/
The Communications Administrative Assistant supports the Communication Department serving as the initial point of contact for the communications team and coordinating projects with all headquarter departments and field staff. The Assistant will also be responsible for the mail room—completing various mailing requests, newsletters, and donor receipts. The Assistant should thrive by helping others, enjoy working with a team of creative and technical people, and be willing to offer new insights and ideas within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all Communication project requests
- Maintain databases for use by the Communication team as well as assisting, as needed, with mission-wide tools for tracking general interest, prayer, and supporter contact lists
- Create clean mailing/emailing lists for communications—this involves requesting lists from other departments and merging multiple excel files
- Order and organize Communication office inventory and supplies—keep missionary order forms up-to-date
- Oversee upkeep of Communication office equipment and supplies:
- Coordinate with vendors
- Replenish supplies, paper, and change toner
- Maintain good relationships with service and sales representatives
- Operate the mailroom including completing projects such as printing, folding, stuffing envelopes, shipping, etc.
- Prepare department billing each month; coordinate with Finance Department; maintain financial forms
- Ensures missionary website profiles are up-to-date and matching brand standards
- Works with the department director
- As needed, assists with missionary newsletters
- Coordinates volunteers for large projects
- Assists with Cadence websites (both public and staff)
- Assists with the process of developing merchandise and missionary resources; often working with outside vendors
- Assists staff with different projects, which may include:
- Proofreading, speaking to missionaries, making phone calls, taking photographs, and running errands
- Maintains the Headquarters missionary wall (a visual display of missionaries and staff and their locations)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience of administrative duties
- High competency with computer software, for example, Excel, Word, and project planning software
- Ability to navigate multiple requests and projects
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated to take self-initiative with new tasks and learning additional skills to benefit his/her role
- Basic knowledge of Mac
- High comfort level operating office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other paper bindings/cutting equipment
Competencies for Success:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem-solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Teachability – willing to submit to authority
- Willingness to deploy Cadence Mission/Vision
- Heart for reaching military and the world reflected through personal serving of others and sharing of resources
- Team player able to work independently and willing to pitch in on other projects lying outside of job description
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs, talk, listen and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Important Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in the classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Cadence is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The organization prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin or disability in accordance with applicable legal requirements. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment because of an individual’s membership in any of these protected classes.
Because it is a religious organization, Cadence is permitted by law to use its religious doctrines and practices as a basis for hiring and other employment decisions with all employees. In addition, employees having ministerial functions, including missionaries and employees in leadership roles, may be subject to special requirements or qualifications based upon religious principles.
If you would like to review our Veteran and Disabled policies, please contact Human Resources at 303-762-1400 during normal business hours.