DENVER MATH FELLOW
The mission of the Denver Fellows program is to close the opportunity gap by providing small group math instruction for our highest needs students in order to accelerate their academic growth in preparation for college and career.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Fellows serve full-time for an entire school year. They work with small groups of no more than four students at a time. As a fellow, you will help students by building strong relationships, individualizing lesson plans using provided curriculum, planning activities that help fill in academic gaps and support grade level instruction, as well as provide mentoring.
- Identify gaps in student understanding and work with students on the mastery of math material.
- Create a culture of high academic and behavioral expectations for all students.
- Use grade level lesson plans in order to support what students are learning in their classes.
- Work with students to set and track progress toward short term and long term goals.
- Actively participate in professional development activities necessary to successfully carry out job-related duties.
- Meet with Fellow Coordinator in order to receive coaching and feedback.
- Conduct positive phone calls home to update families on student progress.