The Executive Director works with KIC’s board, staff/contractors, members and stakeholders to advance KIC’s mission and vision across Colorado. Reporting to KIC’s board of directors, the Executive Director is responsible for managing a full-time staff plus a contract lobbyist and raising funds to support KIC’s annual budget.
The Executive Director is:
- A dynamic, respected, forward-thinking and proactive visionary with the drive and energy to ensure KIC fulfills its mission and strategic priorities
- Passionate about private land conservation with a demonstrated track record of community outreach with a wide range of constituents
- An experienced professional executive with exemplary leadership qualities
- Able to guide KIC’s development and growth with enthusiasm for fundraising
- A leader with excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, and the ability to direct and motivate a high-functioning staff
- Experienced in managing a growing organization
- Focused on developing, monitoring and implementing long term strategic plans for a growing organization with the expertise to achieve its objectives
Capable of positioning KIC as a leading conservation coalition statewide and nationally.