Grants Management: Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to direct and oversee the research, preparation, submission, and careful post-award management of grants from the government, foundations, and corporations.
- Develop a strong understanding of institutional history, mission, programs/services, and strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with program teams to gather information required for grant proposals to determine funding project priorities.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate funding prospects and develop plans of action to solicit support.
- Responsible for writing letters of inquiry and proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects.
- Coordinate proposal writing with the Development Director and the grant calendar to meet deadlines and strategic priorities effectively.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors which include developing and maintaining a tracking system for grant requirements/deadlines and submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing and future grant-funded projects.
- Oversees stewardship of government, foundation, and corporate funders, as well as tracking payments of sponsorships and grants.
- Work with Finance to gather information necessary to report to government/corporate/foundation funders.
Development Team Support: Assist Development Director with fundraising programs while ensuring the organization operates within the board-approved budget.
- Maintain strong communication with the Development Director and donors to demonstrate financial need and show the fiscal responsibility of the organization.
- Supports appropriate donor/prospect outreach with CEO and Development Director to maintain effective government, foundation, and corporate relationships.
- Works with Development Coordinator to ensure proper stewardship of donors.
- Works with Development Director and CEO to maintain specific empirical and anecdotal data as
- documentation of the agency’s strategic vision.
- Perform regular audits and updates to the donor database to confirm the accuracy of records for the government, corporate, and foundation funders/prospects.
- Perform analysis on fundraising data to generate information useful for product development, supporter engagement, and strategic development.
- Coordinate collection and compilation of agency statistics regarding programs and services.
- Driving responsibilities related to job duties. A working vehicle, valid CO driver’s license (unless active Military family), and minimum insurance levels ($100,000/$300,000/$100,000 liability coverage) are required.
- Make updates on a regular basis at monthly Development Committee Meetings.
- Participate in Development team fundraising events, including planning, preparations, and event execution.