The primary duties of this position are to perform office or non-manual work directly related to planning, organizing, implementing and managing LCBAG’s Affordable Housing efforts, which includes without limitation the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to the following essential and other important responsibilities and duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Housing Manager will be responsible for providing oversight and support to all of the Lake County Housing Coalition initiatives. The projects that the coalition is currenting pursuing include:
• A partnership with graduate students from CU Denver’s College of Architecture and Planning to develop site master plans for affordable housing in Lake County.
• A research project to prioritize potential affordable housing initiatives and develop an Action Plan.
• A policy and systems change project to increase both the supply of affordable housing in Lake County (through amendments to the land-use code that would promote affordable housing construction) as well as demand (by supporting first-time homebuyers in preparing to purchase a home). The workplan for this project can be found on our website.
Other specific duties will include:
• Continually recruit stakeholders to the Housing Coalition to ensure the coalition has diverse and reflective representation.
• Facilitate regular meetings of the Housing Coalition.
o Work to develop leadership on the Housing Coalition.
o Regularly identify opportunities for members of the Housing Coalition to facilitate parts of meetings in order to build leadership and self-sufficiency on the Coalition.
• Support any action teams/work groups of the Housing Coalition, including providing facilitation (as needed); regularly following up with members to ensure tasks are being completed, and generally ensuring that any action teams/work groups are on track.
• Manage any necessary contracts or graduate student projects to meet the needs of the workplan and action items of the coalition.
• Oversee the implementation of the workplan.
• Complete grant reporting as needed.
This position offers training opportunities and resources in order to develop the Housing Manager’s expertise in coalition-building, facilitation, and best practices in education, encouragement, policy, and infrastructure.