- Provides information, clarification and counseling to retirees and members regarding PERA's insurance programs in person, over the phone, in written correspondence, and at scheduled meetings
- Processes and resolves retirees' and members' elevated inquiries and issues, such as claims and prescription drug eligibility
- Reconciles premium payments and eligibility of enrollees with carriers
- Acts as liaison between enrollees and carriers in researching and resolving eligibility, coverage, and claims issues
- Manages and completes workflow items and reports, such as discrepancy reports and aging out of the plan
- Ability to ask clarifying questions to effectively resolve member or retiree issues
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; three years' experience in insurance or employee benefits; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to provide an excellent customer service experience and to assist a retired population
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for math
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to comprehend and communicate insurance plan details
- Ability to deal with sensitive and/or confidential information and situations
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple interruptions on a daily basis
- Effective verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight on a limited basis
- Standard office environment with regular computer and telephone use
- Occasional lifting, moving, or carrying materials and equipment weighing in excess of 20 pounds
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume, cover letter, and any college transcripts available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think your skills and/or experience would make you successful in this position?
- Describe a situation where you had to communicate difficult information and how you handled it.
- When faced with multiple tasks, how do you prioritize the demands? What were the results?
- How do you handle multiple interruptions or breaks in routine when focused on a task at hand?
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play. PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy.
Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
At PERA, you can be part of a dynamic, collaborative group of professionals working to fulfill the retirement expectations of our members. You will use your unique skills to do important and meaningful work that is critical to the success of both the organization and the state of Colorado that you love. You will have the opportunity to develop, become an expert in your role, and tackle new challenges, all while enjoying the competitive compensation, lifestyle, and stability that PERA provides. Thus, for both member and employees, PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments."
Position Title: Insurance Benefits Administrator
Division: Insurance Division
Reports to: Insurance Manager
Job Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Hourly Wage: Minimum $20.46, commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 5/14/2018 - 5/28/2018