The Pantry Assembly Worker prepares cold and side items for either home delivered Meals on Wheels or the Dining Center Programs. Produces quality food items as appropriate in approved menus according to agency standards and procedures. Assures accurate portioning and packaging of food items for delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets up hot meal assembly line and participates in daily meal assembly.
• Reviews daily home delivered or dining center meal count sheets and verifies accuracy for packaging and delivery of meals.
• Sets up for bagging and portioning of cold food and side items, efficiently and correctly prepares and packages proper amounts of foods for distribution.
• Complies with all Health Department and Volunteers of America policies and guidelines under supervision of Project Manager.
• Produces items of excellent taste, quality, appearance, texture and client satisfaction as specified by approved menus in accordance with Agency standards and procedures.
• Requisitions food and supplies from warehouse as needed for daily meal preparation and packaging.
• Maintains a clean, safe, organized work area following rules of food service sanitation, handling, storage, and clean up.
• Attends all Agency meetings and trainings as required.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America-Colorado Branch that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect, and Service)
• Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America Colorado Branch three critical virtues of HHS. (Hungry, Humble, People Smart)
• Occasional temporary laborers
• Occasional kitchen volunteers
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• One year related experience in volume food service production environment.
• Ability to read, write, follow standardized recipes, and perform standard mathematical computations.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Servsafe certified or obtain within 3 months.
• Food handling and culinary experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Clearly and respectfully communicates with Agency staff, volunteers, vendors, and service technicians.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Frequent exposure to heat, cold, steam and fumes.
• Uses knives, utensils, and commercial cooking equipment throughout shift.
• Stand, pivot, walk on hard kitchen floor surface throughout shift.
• Lift, push or pull up to 25 lbs.
• Occasional exposure to chemicals and cleaning solvents.
• Noise levels may range from low to high.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• Full time or Part time
• Designated holidays and special events.
• Michael Kern Central Kitchen, 2620 Larimer St. Denver 80205
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton