This position provides high-level administrative support and office management to the Private Equity and Real Estate investment divisions to accomplish objectives in a collaborative effort. Responsibilities include verbal and written communications, scheduling, generating reports, budgets, billing, expense reports, performing data management and general office management. Applies knowledge and understanding of division operations to resolve issues, and has the latitude to design and implement workflow processes and procedures.
Our ideal candidate is a reliable team player who is process oriented and communicates effectively. The ability to work efficiently in a deadline driven environment, follow established processes and procedures, and confirm the accuracy of your own work is a must. We are looking for someone that has a positive attitude, is detail oriented, takes initiative in problem solving, and is comfortable with changing directions as needed.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates administrative work processes and procedures; ensures compliance with policies; investigates and resolves discrepancies in day-to-day duties; recommends process improvements
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external contacts; responds to inquiries professionally and confidentially, or refers them to the appropriate staff
- Compiles and/or coordinates data for analysis, billings, budgets, reports, or performing various types of reconciliations
- Coordinates activities for meetings, schedules, conference rooms, or special projects and events
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on issues and determines appropriate course of action, resolution, or referral
- Compiles, creates, updates and maintains spreadsheets and reports using a variety of financial and analytical software, financial reports and inbound memoranda
- Coordinates with internal divisions and custodian bank on cash movements and reconciliation of transactions
- Handles highly sensitive or confidential information and documentation
- Anticipates and plans for changes in internal and external business needs
- Manages deadlines related to business planning
- Collaborates with division staff to support complex projects
- Establishes and maintains files, publications, reports, and imaged documents pursuant to records retention policy
- Documents standard operating procedures for the assigned area
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment
- Manage, book, and track division's travel related needs and expenses.
- Prepares, proofreads, and edits various types of correspondence, presentation materials, and reports
- Provides backup administrative support for other areas as needed
- May be assigned special projects and initiatives
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma; 3-5 years professional administrative, financial, customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience with budgets, billings, electronic travel ticketing systems and expense reports
- Experience with electronic records management systems
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office suite
- Established ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet urgent deadlines
- Effective interpersonal, anticipatory, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including advanced proofreading skills
- High degree of organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Standard office environment with regular computer and telephone use
- Occasional lifting, carrying or moving material in excess of 10 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume, cover letter, and any college transcripts available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- Describe a situation in which you were under a great deal of pressure because of numerous demands competing for your time and attention. How did you resolve the situation?
- What approach do you take in communicating with people? What kinds of communication situations cause you difficulty? Give an example.
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think your skills and/or experiences would make you successful in this position?
- Some people work best as part of a group others prefer the role of individual contributor. How would you describe yourself? Give an example of a situation where you felt you were most effective.
- Describe a task or project that you completed that required a very high level of accuracy and thoroughness. What steps did you take to ensure both were achieved?
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments." PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA's main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play.
Position Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Private Equity and Director of Real Estate
Job Status: Non-exempt, Full-Time
Minimum Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Posting Dates: 1/16/2019 - 2/3/2019
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.