Nonprofits should work towards diversifying its funding sources as much as possible in an effort to strengthen the organization's sustainability and public support ratio, and to lessen the impact of a potential loss of significant amount of its funding from any one source.
- Community Resource Center publishes (online only) the Colorado Grants Guide where you can find information on grants available for nonprofits, including deadlines, criteria, giving priorities and more.
- Foundation Center hosts a foundation directory where you can search foundations by mission.
- Federal Grants and information regarding federal grants can be found on Grants.gov. You may also visit or contact Colorado state agencies for state grants.
- Local businesses, corporations and foundations give back to their community through sponsoring events, programs and organizations. Visit your local chamber of commerce website for a list of businesses in your area.
- Create and refine your annual fundraising campaign. Find more resources on individual donors from The Impact Foundry.
- Create an earned income program as an additional source of revenue. Find more information and resources on earned income.