Colorado Nonprofit Association advocates for the nonprofit sector at the state and national levels. We research and act on issues broadly impacting Colorado’s nonprofit community at the Capitol. We also work with national partners, including National Council of Nonprofits and Independent Sector to address federal issues impacting nonprofits.
In past years, we have helped nonprofits by working with various stakeholders to make the following policy changes:
- Allowing taxpayers to write in the name of a nonprofit to receive a tax checkoff donation
- Strengthening penalties against charitable fraud.
- Shaping efficient and effective rules for the Colorado Charitable Solicitations Act.
- Helping nonprofits that own shared spaces save money on property improvements and resource efficiency upgrades.
- Nonprofits that receive goverment funds can buy goods and services from the state purchasing system.
- Nonprofits can submit unsolicited proposals for government contracts with state agencies
During the legislative session of the Colorado General Assembly, we post a page with information on key bills for Colorado's nonprofit community, Through State Bill Colorado, we maintain an updated list of all the bills that we are following throughout the session. After the session is over, we post a report with the outcomes of bills we supported and opposed as well as other key bills for the nonprofit community.
Legislative Session Reports