Administrative | Development | Finance
A Precious Child is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
The Grants Intern will work directly with the Manager of Grants to identify potential grants, strategize a grant plan, detail evaluations methods and tools to support the organization’s goals and increase efficacy of grants program.
· Developing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations.
· Persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
· Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
· Researching potential leads for government, corporate and foundation grants.
· Researching statistics, facts and relevant local and national information to support the need to fund the services of A Precious Child.
· Comply with all grant reporting as required by government/foundations/corporate donors.
· Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports.
· Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner.
· Aiding the Grants Manager in assessing opportunities and cultivating grant prospects.
· A highly organized individual with a passion for working in the nonprofit sector.
· Able to take on multiple projects, work independently, manage time to meet deadlines, and successfully and efficiently tackle work that ranges from high-level responsibilities to tedious tasks.
· Strong research and writing skills.
· Experience in grant writing (not required, but preferred).
· Enthusiasm for the mission of A Precious Child and the children and families we serve.
Start Date: Position open until filled; requires a 3-6 month commitment
Hours: Minimum of 8-12 hours per week
Compensation: This position is an unpaid internship . Those who need school credit hours are highly encouraged to apply.