Nonprofits are uniquely positioned to advocate for public policies that help our community to support a high quality of life in Colorado.
There are a variety of resources available to support nonprofit participation and engagement in state and national public policy efforts.
- Learn how a bill becomes a law in Colorado
- Lead voter engagement efforts
- Advice on how to meet with your state legislators
- Guidelines for writing an effective letter to lawmaker
- How to create a fact sheet
- Tips on how to write and submit regulatory comments
- Find your legislator to see which state lawmakers represent your community
- Check out our bill tracker to see which bills Colorado Nonprofit Association supports or opposes in the state legislative session
- Colorado General Assembly’s website, where you can find the legislative calendar, current bills and audio and video recordings from past committee hearings
- Find your U.S. Representative for where you live or work
- Learn how to contact Colorado’s members of Congress
- Read about the work of our national partners, including National Council of Nonprofits and Independent Sector, to address national issues affecting nonprofits
Not Finding What You’re looking for?
Our knowledge center may have the answers!