Reports to: CFO/Director of Finance
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: Based on Qualifications
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT https://cadence.org/opportunities/
The Accounting Specialist/Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable and expense reimbursements, as well as performing a variety of fundamental accounting activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer support to headquarters staff, missionaries and vendors.
- Process weekly accounts payable invoices and occasional manual payment requests, ensuring payments are properly approved and accurately applied to accounts.
- Review and process employee/missionary expense reimbursements.
- Import transactions to Sage Intacct Accounting from various external sources, including the expense reporting website, donation database and payroll system.
- Process and maintain all accounts payable recurring and memorized transactions.
- Maintain/Update vendor and missionary remittance and payment information, including 1099 information and W-9 forms.
- Monthly analysis, calculation, and allocation of in-house charges.
- Record various cash disbursement and cash receipt entries, including petty cash.
- Process and reconcile cash advances and report on all outstanding cash advances.
- Remit any applicable sales tax and file reports, as required.
- Assist with miscellaneous audit preparation to include creating schedules, running reports, and gathering files for review.
- Complete necessary entries and reports for month-end closing process.
- Stay current on updates to applicable technology such as Sage Intacct Accounting software and ExpenseWire expense reimbursement system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma required; college courses in accounting or business field preferred.
- At least 2 years previous bookkeeping or accounts payable experience. Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Prior experience in a nonprofit organization, specifically a mission organization, is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and willing to learn any necessary additional programs.
- Experience with Sage Intacct Accounting preferred.
- Born again, mature Christian with an affinity for the mission and work of Cadence International.
- Must deploy Cadence’s Mission and Vision.
- Heart for reaching military and the world reflected through personal serving of others and sharing of resources.
- Because of the distinctly Christian emphasis of Cadence’s mission work, must sign and comply with Cadence International’s Code of Christian Conduct.
- Willing to join departmental staff in periodic prayer times for the needs of the mission and to attend the weekly headquarters chapel held during work hours.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a positive attitude, willingness to help resolve issues, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated, with high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strengths in administration, multi-tasking, and organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation with a positive attitude and willingness to help.
- Ability to graciously re-prioritize workload as demands change throughout the day, and flexibility to meet demands of a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to exercise considerable discretion in the handling of confidential or sensitive matters.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs, talk, listen and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Important Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in the classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Cadence is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The organization prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin or disability in accordance with applicable legal requirements. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment because of an individual’s membership in any of these protected classes.
Because it is a religious organization, Cadence is permitted by law to use its religious doctrines and practices as a basis for hiring and other employment decisions with all employees. In addition, employees having ministerial functions, including missionaries and employees in leadership roles, may be subject to special requirements or qualifications based upon religious principles.
If you would like to review our Veteran and Disabled policies, please contact Human Resources at 303-762-1400 during normal business hours.