This position is responsible for conducting investment compliance and performance quantitative analysis as well as other total fund research and analytical support. Duties include report generation, data review, issue resolution, and policy and procedure implementation.
Our ideal candidate is assertive, forward-thinking, and takes initiative. We are looking for a professional that pays attention to details, has excellent time-management skills, and has a wide variety of experience in the financial services industry.
- Implements PERA's investment compliance program according to applicable statutes and investment policies
- Reconciles performance and compliance data and output, and researches inconsistencies or inaccuracies
- Communicates with various stakeholders and external consultants on compliance and/or performance related issues
- Implements PERA's divestment program
- Responsible for fund compliance, performance, and divestment analysis and reporting to investment management team and other senior management
- Administers PERA's personal trading policy
- Prompt resolution of compliance and performance related issues and questions
- Assists with compliance, performance, and other total fund related projects
- Responsible for administration of PERA's external manager portal, including submission review, reporting, and coordination with internal investment staff
- Provides general research and analytical support to the CIO
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Maintains strictest confidence and professionalism in the work environment
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field; five years of investment experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; progress towards CFA designation preferred
- Broad knowledge of investment instruments and operations across all asset classes
- Customer service orientation with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong quantitative/analytic aptitude; accounting, mathematical and statistical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Standard office environment with regular computer use
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information, please visit www.copera.org/careers.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online at https://www.copera.org/careers. Please have copies of your resume and cover letter available to upload. Please review the following questions. You will be asked for a response to these as part of your application:
- Describe your experience performing compliance and/or performance reporting.
- Describe the different asset classes with which you have experience.
- Describe your career progression and how you believe this position would contribute to your career goals.
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play. PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy.
Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
At PERA, you can be part of a dynamic, collaborative group of professionals working to fulfill the retirement expectations of our members. You will use your unique skills to do important and meaningful work that is critical to the success of both the organization and the state of Colorado that you love. You will have the opportunity to develop, become an expert in your role, and tackle new challenges, all while enjoying the competitive compensation, lifestyle, and stability that PERA provides. Thus, for both member and employees, PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments."
Position Title: Investment Compliance and Performance Analyst
Division: Investments - Administration
Reports to: Assistant Director of Investments Administration
Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 7/10/2019 until filled