- Records cash flow transactions and quarterly accounting for the Private Equity and Opportunity funds
- Analyzes external financial reports, authoritative guidelines and legal contracts to determine the appropriate accounting treatment for various complex investment transactions
- Calculates the time and money-weighted returns for the Private Equity and Opportunity funds
- Imports data and reconciles holdings in the portfolio management system
- Prepares reporting for the Federal Reserve
- Designs, compiles and produces financial and managerial reports
- Maintains the reporting databases and modifies the database structure to meet changing needs
- Develops and implements new procedures as necessary
- Communicates with internal and external business associates to ensure that accounting transactions and records are accurately set up, reconciled, reviewed and recorded
- Cross trains on the public market accounting
- Ensures that the proper internal controls are in place over the investment accounting transactions and financial reporting
- Participates in training and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other related field
- MBA or related post-graduate degree strongly preferred, licensed CPA strongly preferred
- Three years professional accounting/auditing experience, preferably in the pension or investment accounting field
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Access and Excel; experience with Visual Basic preferred
- Familiarity with relational database design
- Strong mathematical and quantitative analysis skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyze complex financial reports and systems
- Knowledge of accounting software; experience working with PeopleSoft Financials and nVision preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work with minimum supervision within a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Standard office environment with regular computer use
Health Insurance is 100% employer paid, generous paid time off as well as paid volunteer hours, PERA defined benefit plan, 401(k) and 457 defined contribution plans, tuition assistance, certifications, on-the-job training, free access to on-site fitness center, free on-site parking or RTD subsidy, and more. For more information please visit www.copera.org/careers.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the employment application online. Have copies of your resume, cover letter, and college transcripts available to upload. As part of the online application you will be asked for a response to the following questions:
- How do you minimize the risk for errors in your work?
- When faced with a new task, how do you learn best?
- Describe a situation in which you were under a great deal of pressure because of numerous demands competing for your time and attention. How did you resolve the situation and ensure the accuracy of your work?
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments." PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy. PERA's main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play.
Position Title: Investments Accountant
Reports to: Investments Accounting Manager
Job Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posting Date: 9/19/17