Administrative | Communications
Marketing & Communications Assistant
Over the last 20 years, Growing Gardens has brought gardening, nutrition education and produce donations to over 162,000 Boulder County residents.
We offer a variety of programs to get people of all ages, backgrounds, income levels, and abilities involved in growing and cooking their own food. These educational opportunities are paired with seed, plant start, and produce donations, as well as gardening space, to impart greater food security and hunger relief in our community.
The Growing Gardens Marketing Assistant plays an important role in supporting various aspects our marketing, events, and outreach efforts. This is a dynamic role that provides a unique opportunity for the right person to bring their creativity and organizational skills together to serve our community while building their portfolio.
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Job Status: Part-Time, 15-18 hrs per week
Reports To: Marketing & Development Director
Pay: This position is paid hourly and is year round. Pay is $14- $16 per hour depending on experience.
Preferred Weekly Schedule
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am-3 or 4pm
Must be able to work some weekends and evenings
Application Deadline: January 10, 2019.
Preferred Start Date: January 22, 2020.
Qualified applicants will be interviewed immediately until the position is filled.
No phone calls please. Email your resume, cover letter, two letters of recommendation, and a 1 paragraph summary of The Food Project Farm (https://gg.memberclicks.net/food-project-farm) with “Marketing Assistant Application” in the email subject line to: info@GrowingGardens.org
Overview of Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities:
Advertising, Content Creation & PR
- Curate content for social media feeds (FB, IG, TW)
- Curate content for mass communications to various stakeholder groups (including volunteer, donor, CSA newsletters) and press releases
- Coordinate paid and in-kind advertising (print, digital) in collaboration with Marketing Director
- Perform routine content updates for website
- Create and update advertising material such as flyers, postcard, etc.
- Perform analysis of marketing and development data
- Support Marketing Director in reaching program and event attendance goals through advertising and outreach campaigns
- Attends Marketing Committee Meetings and is a part of year end department debriefs and planning sessions
Outreach & Event Coordination
- Represent Growing Gardens at community engagements and outreach events
- Support in-kind donation outreach for events
- Support event preparation, day of logistics, and event follow-up as needed
- Coordinate organization outreach calendar, schedule outreach support and package outreach material for events
- Manage outreach supplies, restock and update materials
- Support the Growing Gardens Ambassador Program
- Organize annual retail merchandise orders/reorders, as well as apparel for staff and interns
- Support annual fundraising campaigns
- Support seasonal donor cultivation efforts
- Update contact management system
- 1 year experience in communications and marketing
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly, persuasively and accurately
- Marketing experience in both traditional and social media outlets
- High degree of computer proficiency, including experience with word, excel, google
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (public speaking, interacting with partners, email and phone communication)
- Ability to organize and prioritize short and long term tasks and projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a small staff
- Ability to positively interact with volunteers, interns, youth, people with disabilities and the general public on a daily basis
- Ability to commit to a part-time position for at least one year
- Proficiency with graphic design programs such as Adobe Illustrator
- Bonus: Bilingual in English and Spanish
This position offers many great rewards and is a wonderful opportunity to put your heart into your work. Our office is an enjoyable place to work filled with much humor and laughter as we dedicate our time into making the community a better place.