The Safety Group Program is an opt-in, nonprofit member benefit, in partnership with Pinnacol Assurance and HUB International. It brings together groups of organizations with common risks committed to maintaining and enhancing industry-leading safety and claims management practices. Creating a culture of safety in your workplace has been shown to:
- Increase performance
- Improve morale
- Foster retention
- Promote safer workplace habits
By completing the required trainings, your organization will also receive a 4% worker’s compensation discount. Members are also eligible to receive dividends, or a portion of a premium returned to a policy-holder based on the organization's safety record. A member’s premium is based on its organization’s individual claims history.
There is no additional cost for participating in the program, however there are some requirements:
1) You must attend a minimum of two trainings per policy period. Please note, only interactive trainings which are a minimum of 45 minutes in length AND safety-related will qualify.
- Any Pinnacol Assurance in-person trainings.
- Colorado Nonprofit Association and Pinnacol Assurance co-presented trainings, in partnership with Hub International. Qualifying trainings are listed as “Safety Group”.
- J.J. Keller online, interactive courses. Click here for qualifying trainings, then call 303-361-4000 to register.
2) You must have been in operation for at least 3 years
3) Maintain a minimum loss ratio established by the safety group program
4) Have a simple safety plan in place to maintain a safe work environment
5) Implement a return-to-work proram
6) Designate and use Pinnacol SelectNet providers. (Exception made for physical locations without a SelectNet provider within 30 miles).
7) You must be insured through HUB International. HUB International is Colorado Nonprofit Association's exclusive insurance broker, and recommends them for your insurance needs.
HUB International offers a wide range of competitive insurance packages tailored to meet the unique needs of your nonprofit, including property and casualty, directors and officers, workers compensation and employee health benefits. Click here for more information and to request a quote.
Contact Julie Schafer at HUB International regarding questions about qualifications to join the Safety Group.
Anyone can access additional safety resources here, including forms to help you through workplace injuries, safety plans, preventative tips, and more!
Business Manager, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV)
We welcome your testimonial on how the Safety Group is beneficial to your organization! Contact Mariah below.
Questions About the Safety Group Program?
Contact Mariah Taylor at 303-813-4211 ext 225 [email protected].