About Denver Botanic Gardens: Green inside and out, Denver Botanic Gardens was founded in 1951 and is considered one of the top botanical gardens in the United States and a pioneer in water conservation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Gardens has a robust living plant collection, natural history collection and art collection along with temporary art exhibitions. The Gardens is a dynamic, 24-acre urban oasis in the heart of the city, offering unforgettable opportunities to flourish with unique garden experiences for the whole family – as well as world-class exhibitions, education, and plant conservation research programs.
For more information, visit us online at www.botanicgardens.org.
Denver Botanic Gardens is currently seeking a Seasonal Facility Technician, Private Events at our Chatfield location! Read below to see if the requirements might be a good fit for you:
This position provides support to the Private Events Department in the capacity of event support, and customer service. This position works closely with Venue Sales Associate Team to ensure smooth event implementation. Assists Custodial Facilities Technician with event set up, take down and maintenance and cleaning. Evening and weekend work is required.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides private event support including interacting with guests, vendors and security for wayfinding, shuttle services, and general activities related to start up and shut down of activities. Assists with checking vendors in/out as needed.
- Ensures and actively participates moving and storage of rental equipment including, but not limited to tables and chairs.
- Performs assigned tasks involving hand tools, power tools, lawn equipment, power washer, trailers, and utility vehicles. This includes but is not limited to trouble shooting and solving problems with a variety of issues as they arise.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- Assists Custodial Facilities Technician with general maintenance, care of facility rental sites and furniture.
- Ensures all events are set properly, according to contract, and any last-minute adjustments are incorporated to the satisfaction of the client.
- Sets up and takes down appropriate event signage.
- Notifies Venue Sales and Implementation Manager/Venue Sales Associate of any unusual circumstances, safety issues, and/or damages.
- Assists with keeping rental tables and chairs clean and in good repair. Helps with maintaining inventory.
- Maintains a satisfactory, positive working relationship with managers, co-workers, clients, and others.
- Helps to ensure all policies and procedures in the facility rental department are adhered to.
- Works to ensure the highest quality of visitor experience.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
- All Gardens employees must be committed to the mission of connecting people with plants, especially plants from the Rocky Mountain region and similar regions around the world, providing delight and enlightenment to everyone.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have proven excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills in dealing with the public.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and able to deal well with stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to modify plans, when necessary, throughout the day.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and Teams.
- Attention to details, ensuring that location is in proper condition, looks good and ready for events.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, lawn equipment, power washer, trailers, and utility vehicles.
- Ability to do simple math and counting as assigned.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be a positive representative of the Gardens both internally and externally at all times.
- Must always work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and the public.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- High school diploma / GED and/or combination of education and equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in events/hospitality is required.
- Must have a minimum one-year experience in the operation of hand tools, power tools, lawn equipment, power washer, trailers, utility vehicles and the ability to trouble shoot, multitask and solve problems.
Come work for a place that offers you SO much more than just a paycheck!