Communications | Development
The Marketing Internship will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to gain varied experience in the field of nonprofit marketing and communications in a fast-paced environment with a team of seasoned nonprofit professionals. Reporting directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing Intern will assist with Anchor Center’s expanded emphasis on multimedia packages and collateral creation, including video production, social media, graphic design, blog content, and email communications. The Marketing Intern will also help with editing, creative content generation, media relations, and SEO activities, while building marketable skills and portfolio of communications projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision, develop and implement social media and email marketing campaigns
- Create event marketing collateral and digital posts
- Create high-quality informational collateral (data sheets, reports, brochures, etc.) and support fundraising campaign strategies through storytelling
- Develop content for and support maintenance of Anchor Center’s website (including search engine optimization) and social media channels (e.g., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), including researching and implementing new strategies to engage targeted audiences
- Work with the Marketing Manager to implement digital media strategy including generating daily content, identifying cross-relational groups/organizations of influence (including referral sources to Anchor’s programs), daily monitoring of social platforms, and generating digital media reports.
- Help to organize department’s various content databases (photography, video, quotes and testimonials, alumni) to support future promotional efforts.
- Support relationships with children, families, volunteers, donors and friends of Anchor Center
- Education and Experience Working towards degree (junior level and up) or holds a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field (e.g. English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Administration) Experience working or volunteering at a nonprofit organization preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.Strong creativity and demonstrated self-starting initiative
- Experience with social media management—specifically, best practices for strategy andimplementation of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram content
- Working knowledge of website management—specifically content development and editing(WordPress, basic HTML, etc.).
- Basic to advanced photography and videography skills.
- Graphic Design experience, including digital and print—beginner to intermediate knowledge ofAdobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to use excellent judgment to manage workflow and elevate priority issues to the MarketingManager or Director of Development.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Respect the confidentiality of Anchor Center families, donors and staff
- Educational/classroom environment including children with limited or no vision andfrequent parent/family visits