DENVER SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) is seeking a Volunteer Office Assistant to join our team. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals who desire to excel within an evolving organization. Earlier this year, DSF was named one of the Denver Post’s Top Workplaces, a testament to our team and to our intentionality in co-creating a positive, inclusive work environment and culture. When you join the DSF team, you will enjoy a supportive, dynamic, and innovative environment where your work makes an impact. As an organization, DSF strives to be a leader in the community by embodying the values of equity, innovation, leadership, learning, relationships, and integrity in everything that we do. If you do too, then we invite you to join us and help make college possible for Denver’s students.
DSF is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire and empower DPS students to enroll in and graduate from postsecondary institutions of higher education, by providing the tools, knowledge and financial resources essential for success. Our core values guide our work. The Denver Scholarship Foundation is dedicated to learning and innovation, as we constantly seek to improve our services. By doing so, we seek to demonstrate leadership within the community. We build strong relationships with college staff members, partners, and the broader community. We are committed to equity, believing in the value and ability of all students.
We seek candidates who will model, live, and reinforce the Denver Scholarship Foundation’s mission and core values with colleagues, students, families, and the broader community.
PURPOSE OF VOLUNTEER ROLE:
This position is a non-paid volunteer role to serve as a “Face of DSF” for all guests and support the clerical functions to build capacity for our DSF office based team.
May include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors with a warm welcome, notify DSF staff of visitor, and direct them appropriately
- Answer the telephone in a professional and courteous manner direct calls and inquiries to the appropriate DSF staff
- Assist in daily tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer or Office Manager
- Answer inquiries about DSF
- Receive and relay messages for various staff
- Provide other clerical support as assigned, which may include data entry, filing, research, document preparation or preparing mailings
- Keep a professional reception area that is warm and welcoming while complying with DSF procedures, rules, and regulations
- Passion for DSF’s mission and values
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Reliable, responsible, flexible, and punctual
- Experience with Office 365 and Outlook
- Preferred experience in office administration including with office equipment
- Excellent customer service skills with complimenting experience
- Availability during 9-5pm office hours for 3-5 hours at least 2 days a week
- Benefit from working at one of Denver Post’s Top Workplaces (#4): a warm, friendly, equity-focused and diverse organization
- Attend gatherings with the opportunity to network with individuals and organizations in the higher education and/or nonprofit sector, as appropriate opportunities arise
- Grow inspired by DSF Scholars and Alumni at workshops, events, and through other volunteer opportunities