Overview of Internship: This intern position is to support the Development Team in preparing for the Rebel with a Cause online event in November 2020. This person is responsible for providing service to the donors, sponsors, and speakers for the event as well as to design the system for following up with donors after the fact.
Position: Rebel with a Cause intern
Location: Denver (working remotely)
Deadline for submission: August 30th
Term of Position: September 15th - November 30th, 2020
Work Schedule: Flexible
Compensation: $12 per hour
About Conservation Colorado
Conservation Colorado is committed to protecting our climate, air, lands, water, and communities. Our work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects our commitment to racial and social justice particularly by ensuring that policy victories are shared by all Coloradans including disproportionately impacted and frontline communities. We achieve these goals by organizing people and electing conservation-minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other conservation nonprofits, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
About The Becca Strelitz Internship Program
This position is part of the Becca Strelitz Internship Program. Becca lived a life full of love and passion; she was grounded in knowing who she was and what she wanted to do. She became involved with our organization as an intern in 2011, and over time, became one of our best and brightest community organizers.
- Solicit businesses to donate products, services, or gift cards to the silent auction.
- Ensure that the businesses have everything they need to make the donation, including mailing or scheduling pick up for auction items as needed.
- Confirm event sponsors and follow up on payment and logos needed for recognition.
- Help with the logistics of the event auction including confirming speakers, answering questions from attendees, and checking that the event website is working properly.
- Send out tax acknowledgements and thank you letters to auction donors.
- Help to design and implement a follow-up system for event donors.
- An interest in event planning and fundraising generally.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- A customer service orientation and an interest in talking to donors, sponsors, and speakers.
- An interest in learning more about online event technology.
Compensation and Benefits
The Intern will earn $12 per hour.
Additionally, letters of recommendation may also be provided upon request (and course credit when applicable). Intern will also gain direct experience working with seasoned and knowledgeable political and environmental professionals at one of Colorado’s leading conservation organizations. The intern will have the opportunity to network at political and environmental events throughout the course of the internship. Opportunities for full-time employment at Conservation Colorado do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
Special Job Requirements
Flexible work hours; some evening and weekend hours may occur.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff and volunteers that better reflect Colorado is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, geographies, political affiliations, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.