Communications | Development | Education | Programs/Services | Volunteer Management
SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT INTERN
TheEduCtr is seeking a Social Media Intern to join our team. We are looking for a passionate, driven individual who desires to excel within a small non-profit organization. When you join Team Eductr, you will enjoy a supportive, dynamic, and innovative work environment. TheEduCtr embodies the values of relationship building, equity, integrity, education, and creativity. We invite you to join us to find educational opportunities for at risk students.
TheEduCtr's Mission and Vision Statements:
The Education Center (TheEduCtr) exists to help, empower and encourage educators, underserved individuals & families, community, parents and students to become advocates for their own education and to broaden their knowledge through various educational workshops, conferences, awards programs to honor educators of color, grassroots efforts and legal support. TheEduCtr advocates for the educational rights of all people. We are a 501c-3 organization.
The Education Center's (TheEduCtr) vision is to give support to help people become advocates for their education and to see the effects of the advocacy by a positive change in the educational system.
WHO WE ARE
TheEduCtr is focused on assisting families and individuals who are struggling academically, financially, emotionally and spiritually all year long. With the help of our donors we are able to deliver the food of academic hope, restoration, respect and integrity back to many of our clients through academic preparation, classroom preparation & placement programs, individualized mentoring programs and life skills guidance for students and their parents.
As educators who believe in second and third chances, we educate the homeless and transitional housing students and their parents. We also honor Educators of Color. Our educators help to empower students to advocate for their own education and in turn we offer academic hope which is the substance that has the power to change lives for a lifetime.
PURPOSE OF INTERNSHIP ROLE: This position is a non-paid internship within the Development department of TheEduCtr. The Social Media Intern assists the Marketing and Communications team, the various program managers, and the Team EduCtr, with a focus on develop a sound, active, and communicative, social media presence.
May include but are not limited to:
- Promote events, campaigns, and newsletters using all social media, including our Website that is applicible to our organization's vision and mission.
- Research emerging trends in social media, specifically among education of Kg-12 & college.
- Create and manage content calendars that reflect important deadlines for TheEduCtr.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistenc with brand, messaging, and style guide.
- Create engaging graphics, visuals, videos and animations that engage the audience while delivering important information.
- Using scheduling software to ensure posts are published in a timely manner
- Track performance of posts and compile reports and recommendations for best-performing content.
- Passion for our mission and values
- Interest in working with social media, communications, and/or graphic design
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Willingness to complete a wide-variety of tasks
- Strong attention to details
- Experience with Google Documents, Microsoft Word, and other computer applications.
- Reliable, responsible, and punctual
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- 10-15 HOURS A WEEK
- FALL/WINTER commitment with the potential to continue
- Benefit from working in a small caring environment that is equity-focused and diverse.
- Develop skills in Canva, PowerPoint, Instagrams, Websites,, and other industry-relevant platforms.
- Gain eccential workplace experience, learn about best practices, and build creativity in communications, cocial media management, content creation, digital, marketing, and analytics.
- Learn networking from other professionals, individuals and organizations.
- Grow inspired by TheEduCtr team of educators at workshops, events, and through other volunteer opportunities.