About Augustana Arts:
Augustana Arts is a nonprofit 501-c-3 arts organization that has been bringing great art performances to Denver for 22 years. There are four primary components including the Stratus Chamber Orchestra, Colorado Women’s/Men’s Chorale, City Strings, and Concert Series. The mission of Augustana Arts is to gather community, support the arts, and delight the spirit through performance, education, and engagement.
Augustana Arts is seeking an undergraduate student, graduate student, or entry-level professional preparing for a career in marketing, community outreach or nonprofit management to join our team as a fall intern. The ideal candidate will be asked to work 8-10 hours per week, with the exact schedule to be mutually decided upon.
The primary goal of the internship is to provide the individual with experience in day-to-day marketing and outreach activities, and to assist with specific projects aimed to increase awareness of Augustana Arts.
This is an outstanding entry level opportunity for candidates looking to enter the marketing or nonprofit. Compensation is $12 per hour, in addition to class credit if applicable. This is a 3-Month Internship. Position reports to Executive Director.
Skills/Technologies you will Learn/Use in this Position:
SalesForce/Patron Manager CRM
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Use WordPress to update website with current and relevant content.
2. Make recommendations for improvements based on current trends.
3. Use SEO strategies and tactics to improve website ranking, content, etc.
Social Media Tactics:
1. Create Facebook events and posts.
2. Evaluate FB Analytics and offer recommendations based on data.
3. Post regular Instagram pictures and relevant comments.
4. Set up and initiate Twitter account. Post regular content.
1. Send regular email updates to Executive Director on progress/results. Meet with ED as necessary for timelines, content, and strategic planning.
2. Be open to other learning opportunities such as blog content, LinkedIn, etc.
3. Be willing and enthused about learning and sharing best practices in the industry.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills
- Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive
- Strong computer skills required; Proficiency using MS Office Suite
- Ability and desire to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and ability to communicate professionally with diverse audiences