Administrative | Programs/Services
We value an equitable and inclusive workplace and seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and abilities
Why work at Rocky Mountain Human Services?
You will have the opportunity to contribute to an organization that is dedicated to embracing the power of community to support individuals and families in creating their future.
Rocky Mountain Human Services is hiring Intake Care Manager Positions under the Single-Entry Point Program. This role will provide case management, care planning, and will make referrals to other resources for Health First Colorado’s Medicaid Program members with the following qualifying needs: people discharging from hospitals, people being admitted to a nursing facilities, and people interested in receiving long term services and supports in the following areas: elderly, blind, and disabled; mental health; brain injury; spinal cord injury; children with a life-limiting illness; and medically fragile children.
Under the supervision of the Care Management (CM) Supervisor, the Intake Care Manager is responsible for completing the appropriate level of care management activities for people receiving case management through Rocky Mountain Human Services (RMHS). The Intake Care Manager is the first resource for potential clients to learn if they qualify for Medicaid Services. Intake Care Managers average 30 assessments per month by providing in-home, hospital, nursing home, and community visits, depending on the team the Intake Care Manager is assigned. Care management activities will include but will not be limited to completing assessments, determining eligibility, coordinating services, developing care plans, delivering care management interventions, appropriate follow up activities and completing all documentation in the expected time frame. The Care Manager will apply appropriate criteria, guidelines, and regulations specific to the level of care and services required to meet the member/family goals and the organizational/contractual requirements. Care management functions may be performed for clients in a variety of settings including telephonic, in-person or in the community setting.
- Conduct and document Continued Stay Reviews (CSR), a functional assessment for potential client’s health needs, to create care plans for the Active or Ongoing Care Managers to monitor.
- Monitor the client’s case for financial approval from the county.
- Adhere to a 2, 5, or 10-day timeline to complete a client’s assessment for their care needs.
- Completes mandatory and needs based health assessments to identify client strengths, needs, concerns and preferences through interviewing, observing, and utilization of standardized tools.
- Establishes person centered goals and a plan of care with the client and their natural supports/family members.
- Provides care coordination services and interventions by referring, educating, negotiating, and mediating with the client and external providers of client services.
- Educates clients regarding various state plan benefits, programs, options and services.
- Monitors client status and satisfaction with services and adjusts care plan as needed.
- Monitors the ongoing provision of and need for care by assessing the delivery and quality of services and interventions provided by external providers.
- Establishes professional and effective collaboration, communication, and coordination among all responsible parties of an individual member’s interdisciplinary health care team.
- As needed, attends client focused meetings (internal/external) to facilitate changes in services or collaborate in care.
- Maintains knowledge of regulations, policies, and procedures regarding current public assistance programs.
- Assists clients and providers in understanding the complaint, grievance and appeal process.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of all forms, reports, and documentation of care management activities.
- Maintains professional and ethical manner with all interactions and meets performance, quality, customer service, and coordination standards as assigned by the department management team.
- Participates in training and staff development opportunities. Actively participates in team meetings and communicates progress and barriers with Supervisor and/or Program Manager or Department Director.