- Engage with the Executive Director to implement a comprehensive strategic development plan for JYW.
- Plan, organize, and manage the Mitzvah Your Way Campaign in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Coordinate a strategic fundraising plan that includes individual, corporate, foundation, and grant targets.
- Convene and staff a monthly fundraising committee comprised of Board and Community Members.
- Draft fundraising materials, coordinate mailings, and online campaigns.
- Track grant reporting requirements and reports.
2. Direct efforts to engage and steward donors.
- Develop strong relationships with Executive Director, board members, staff, Foundation Directors/staff, community influencers and leaders critical to JYW’s fundraising success.
- Plan and supervise donor cultivation events, experiences, and literature.
- Manage and coordinate all fundraising mailings, including creation of letters and materials in partnership with the Executive Director and Marketing/Communications Manager.
- Cultivate donors through regular face-to-face solicitations and other communications.
- Develop effective thank you letters, annual appeals and other solicitation materials.
- Work with Marketing/Communications Manager to ensure that development information on the website is up to date and accurate.
3. Create JYW policies to maintain strong system of record keeping and recording campaign prospects, pledges, and gifts.
- Develop appropriate policies to achieve excellence in recording, reporting and communicating fundraising goals to Executive Director and Board.
- Oversee the administrative support for development including ensuring that donor acknowledgements are completed in a timely manner and that appropriate records, prospect lists, and mailing lists are maintained.
- Manage current donor management system, eTapestry, to its full capability including data entry, analysis and reports.
- Track and report fundraising results to Executive Director and Board.
- Demonstrate confidentiality in handling the organization’s financial and client information.
4. Work with Executive Director to ensure successful fundraising and donor appreciation events.
- Work closely with Events and Volunteer Manager, contractors, venues, and staff to ensure events raise money and effectively cultivate donors.
- Track and report event registration and funds to Executive Director.
- Work with Communications and Marketing Director to coordinate promotions materials for the event.
- Recruit, schedule, and train volunteers for fundraising events.
- Implement systems to track, record, and respond to all event donations, event sponsors, and track sponsorship agreements and payments.
Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with colleagues, board members, JYW patrons, volunteers, donors, and community members.
Verbal Communication: Is able to speak articulately and clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get a spoken message across that has the desired effect; Adjusts and fine-tunes communication in response to both verbal and non-verbal cues
Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly; can get messages across that have a desired effect; clearly articulates message content and projects an appropriate tone.
Time Management: Concentrates his/her efforts on the most important priorities and can attend to a broad range of activities. Uses time effectively and efficiently, and values/respects the time of others.
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to manage eTapestry data entry and reporting at a high level of accomplishment.
Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for worthwhile activities; not fearful of taking calculated risks; seizes opportunities; sets demanding but achievable objectives for self and others.
Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of JYW; can demonstrate those values to others; consistently behaves in a manner congruent with the mission, vision, values and beliefs.