NCSL POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
JOB TITLE: Digital Content Specialist
LOCATION: Denver/DC Metro area
SALARY: $4,708 p/month
Are you ready to join an organization with an extraordinary mission? The National Conference of State Legislatures offers careers where you can use your skills, knowledge and experience to truly make a difference. NCSL’s mission is purposeful – strengthening the legislative institution. From informing effective policies and promoting communication among state legislatures, to ensuring states have a strong, cohesive voice in the federal system, our team works in service of legislatures. And, with a commitment to constantly innovating all resources and services to meet the evolving needs of members, NCSL has earned the reputation as the nation’s most trusted bipartisan membership organization for legislators and legislative staff. Our success serving NCSL members relies on our team of passionate, dedicated professionals who work diligently to strengthen the legislative institution. Join our team and contribute to this unique, essential mission.
The Digital Content Specialist formats and publishes digital content, assists in optimizing NCSL’s SEO strategy and provides quality assurance across our website. This involves creating and formatting hundreds of new pages each year and helping the organization in its transition to develop more graphics in those documents, including visualization of data. The work occurs in a fast-paced environment, as the documents we create inform state legislators and staff across the country about the latest information and trends surrounding public policy. We expect our documents to rank high in internet searches and the Digital Content Specialist will help guide our staff to adjust documents accordingly. The position reports to the Digital Production Manager.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but could serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This position is a mostly performed in an office environment with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. You will utilize standard office equipment such as filing cabinets, copy machines, laptops, printers, scanners, and smartphones. Travel by airplane including overnights and weekends required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities, expectations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of three years of proven professional experience in content management and creating content for different channels.
- Two years of working in html code on a daily basis.
- Two years’ experience working with web developers and content teams.
- One year of copy editing experience and a demonstrated knowledge of the AP Stylebook.
- One year of experience in Adobe design products and a considerable portfolio of web graphic design skills. Graphic/UX design a plus.
- Should be comfortable working in a CMS, possess strong html skills and have a keen eye for details, quality and consistency.
- Excellent initiative and creativity that will help make state legislatures stronger, meeting one of NCSL's mission to foster interstate cooperation and facilitate the exchange of information among legislatures.
- Ability to communicate and work with staff in the organization, within and outside of the communications division, as well as state legislators of both political parties and legislative staff who may be partisan or nonpartisan.
- A basic understanding and appreciation of representative democracy.
Interested candidates should apply online and include a cover letter and resume highlighting skills and qualifications no later than April 30, 2021 by 5pm MST.
NCSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a diverse, dynamic team and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.