· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Provides status of financial condition of the organization by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data to Executive Director, departments leads, and Housing Authority Board.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements by researching existing and new legislation/regulations, consulting with outside advisers, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
· Arranges and leads audits as required and appropriate.
· Provides strategic planning advice for long-term growth.
· Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
· Develops effective financial strategies for the organization.
· Manages, hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively.
· Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.