The Director of Information Technology (IT) is a key strategic and tactical leader at Volunteers of America Colorado that reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is part of the management team. The Director of IT is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the technology of the organization including developing an IT strategic plan, overseeing the technical infrastructure, leading a team of IT staff, determining business requirements for IT systems, managing the design and implementation of IT infrastructure, eliminating security risks and overseeing the organization's third-party help desk provider.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide overall direction for the use of information technologies that align with the organizations strategic goals and leverages its resources
• Coordinate the integration of data, information, and communications systems
• Create an annual IT strategic plan and roadmap for the organization.
• Oversee the IT managed services support contract which includes network support, workstation and server management, business continuity, and security. Meet monthly with the vendor to review reports, service level agreements and projects.
• Perform business process evaluation as needed, identifying and assisting with the implementation of process improvement.
• Provide leadership and supervision to a team of Information Technology professionals and collaboration with other leaders internal and external to ensure service levels are meeting organizational expectations.
• Accomplishes information systems staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Creation and maintaining of policies and procedures pertaining to IT, HIPPA and data security.
• Interacting and meeting regularly with the General and Executive Management Team members.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Maintains safe and healthy working environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
• Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
• Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
• Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
• Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Regularly schedule site visits to meet with program leadership
• Interface with vendors to evaluate new solutions
• Inventory, schedule and plan hardware upgrades
• Serve as final escalation point for all IT related matters
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Sound understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including SharePoint and Teams
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization.
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.
• Solid working knowledge of all relevant coding languages and security protocols.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
• Strong knowledge of project management principles.
• Models core culture attributes of Volunteers of America Colorado Branch that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and pursues with vigor Volunteers of America Colorado Branch three strategical critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
• Data Operations Manager
• Lead Database Administrator
• Data Entry Clerk
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (graduate degree a plus)
• Minimum eight years’ experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects.
• Minimum three years’ experience supervising and leading IT teams.
• Master’s degree in related field
• Multi-site environment experience
• Experience with cloud-based applications
• Network administration experience a plus.
• Microsoft Server/Systems experience a plus.
• Experience with HIPPA regulations and guidelines preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• High level of competency working with Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based applications
• Strong time-management and prioritization skills
• Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Self-motivated and directed
• Open to receiving and providing feedback; focused on conflict resolution
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
2660 Larimer St
Denver, CO 80205
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.