At Jefferson Center, it is our policy and our mission to be inclusive and mindful of the diversity of everyone who comes through our doors. We are passionate about building a community where mental health matters and equitable care is accessible to all races, ethnicities, abilities, socioeconomic statuses, ages, sexual orientations, gender expressions, religions, cultures, and languages.
The Family Services Intake Clinician performs scheduled clinical assessments of new consumers preadmitted by Navigation Central as well as SDA assessments. Completes CYMHTA evaluations in defined timeline requirements per statute. Determines eligibility for Jefferson Center services based on presenting problem, diagnostic assessment, and payor source in accordance with established Jefferson Center practices. Completes all opening paperwork and as indicated schedules followup clinician and MD appointments
- Attends mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan if required.
- Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback.
- Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
- Completes 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days.
- Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
- Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by Network Director.
- Engages consumer and family in the treatment process and goal-setting.
- Identifies risk factors including lethality.
- Works constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcome, and coordinates care with internal and external providers.
- Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for consumers.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
- Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
- Performs clinical assessments on assigned consumers, completing all elements of the standard Jefferson Center intake assessment, including mental status exam and DSM diagnosis
- Involves family members and representatives from other agencies in the evaluation process as appropriate.
- Determines eligibility for services based on presenting issues, diagnostic formulation,and established payor-source guidelines.
- Schedules follow-up clinician and MD appointments as appropriate according to Jefferson Center practices.
- Consults with Emergency team when consumer presents with high lethality or other emergent concerns.
- Completes all required documentation for a clinical opening within established timelines.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Masters Degree (from accredited university/college) in psychology, counseling or social work required.
- Previous assessment experience preferred.
- Clinical Licensure (LPC, LMFT, LCSW) preferred but not required.