GRANT FUNDED POSITION THROUGH MARCH 31, 2021
To further the spiritual and religious mission of the Catholic Church's call to minister to the poor and vulnerable by screening, assessing, and coordinating needed services with a focus on housing. To foster a welcoming atmosphere where clients are treated with dignity and respect.
The Housing Case Manager provides intake, case management, and extensive follow up with clients to determine continued housing; working cooperatively with other agencies to link individuals to financial services and community resources that meet their expressed needs; and providing direct services and accurate data entry to track and record contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, or related field preferred.
- Minimum requirement of a combination of experience and Associates degree in social work, human services, or related field.
- Two years of full-time experience working with direct client/family interaction.
- Ability to work effectively with people representing a diverse range of socioeconomic levels while being sensitive to cultural differences.
- Sensitivity to issues involving poor and homeless populations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply culturally appropriate skills in interactions with clients, co-workers, volunteers, partner agencies, and other community members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem solving, listening, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and maintain positive work relationships.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to work within the established structure of Catholic Charities.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required to accommodate meetings and special events.