Health & Mental Health | Programs/Services | Other
Continuum of Colorado (CoC) has a fantastic opportunity for a Music Therapist to perform licensed in-home therapeutic services for children and adults that we serve. This therapy includes the use of dance and movement as a therapeutic tool for the habilitation, rehabilitation and maintenance of behavioral, developmental, physical, social, communication, pain management, cognition and gross motor skills.
Due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical work week hours.You must be willing to drive to appointments within the Colorado Springs Metro Area.
Requirements to be our Music Therapist:
- Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s degree in Music Therapy (MT-BC)
- Must be board certified
- Two (2) years experience or related education or training in working with persons who have developmental disabilities, preferred
- Working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations, preferred
- Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates with individuals served, families, staff and others
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver license/Proof of auto vehicle insurance
- Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions or revocations and no more than 2 tickets in the past 3 years
- Per CDPHE Emergency Rule, you must receive and provide documentation of the COVID-19 vaccination by 10/31/2021. You may request and will need to be approved for a religious or medical exemption if you are not receiving the vaccination.
We are committed to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our organization and our partnership with the IDD community. Our work is rooted in the firm belief that all people deserve respect and dignity, where we embrace and celebrate varied identities, preferences, and perspectives. These values are essential to our organization’s excellence and to achieving our objective of a more equitable and inclusive community for all. We will ensure our systems, policies, practices, actions, and communications are equitable, including how we attract, hire, engage, develop, promote, retain, and retire BIPOC and other underrepresented or marginalized talents. We intentionally engage in an ongoing process of active learning and growth to advance a culture reflective of a shared purpose and belonging.
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=3678...