This position is responsible for providing outpatient substance abuse counseling with the primary focus on pregnant women, women with dependent children, intravenous drug users, and individuals justice-involved persons. Maintain an active caseload of 10-20 clients depending on the frequency of client treatment plan and size of groups. The position reports to the Clinical Director. This clinician will work within a Special Connections program framework that is a gender-responsive program maximizing the chance of a healthy birth to provide postpartum services to maintain gains made during pregnancy. Special Connections providers offer pregnancy risk assessments, care coordination services, group counseling sessions, individual counseling sessions, health education groups, and residential substance use disorder treatment in a women-only setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clinical interventions that address women-specific issues, substance-using pregnant women, and women with dependent children and their families.
- Conduct evaluations, assessments, individual counseling support and education and treatment groups for diverse populations, and provide care coordination with multiple providers
- Identify client’s needs for prenatal care, mental health care/evaluation, substance abuse counseling, housing, domestic violence shelter, prevention, and/or counseling, TANF, and make appropriate referrals.
- Aid in the process of child protection in substance-abusing homes. Assist with family reunification.
- Identify client’s needs for mental health care/evaluation, substance abuse counseling, and making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Reduce barriers for the clients and improve access to services and recovery.
- Utilize treatment approaches that implement ethical, culturally competent, evidence-based practices.
- Identify strategies or methods to aid clients in the reduction of substance use or ideally abstinence from AOD and increase their self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
- Collaborate with clients to Identify strategies and methods to reduce recidivism.