- Serve as the main staff point of contact in the day to day process flow management of the first floor of the program services building which includes: intake, appointment scheduling, open/close of the building and provision of services in all areas – including – self-select grocery, clothing bank, distribution of vouchers, and mail services
- Make decisions as needed for program service delivery; including the scheduling of participants and the placement of volunteers
- Manage building flow throughout all service areas, responding to immediate crisis situations and working directly with participants as the situation warrants. Engage in assessment, de-escalation, and decision making as needed.
- Become proficient in, and support volunteers in the use of computer-based management systems and databases
- Work in conjunction with other program services staff to ensure accurate data collection for all participants and services delivered
- Support the training of first floor volunteers, working closely with other program services, volunteer programs and product team
- Facilitate twice daily shift meetings with volunteers
- Maintain regular and consistent communication with program services and volunteer management staff and volunteers
- Document Incident Reports; identify and address safety issues, responding in accordance with established procedures
- Ensure Program Service Building first aid kits, fire extinguishers and other safety equipment are checked monthly and re-supplied if required
- Develop goals and objectives to achieve successful program service outcomes in line with the strategic plan
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and supportive approach to the participants and the community we serve
- Attend and participate in agency events and programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Work as a team lead during COVID – 19 response to two temporary staff, no direct supervision with regard to staff development. This position has decision making authority as needed for effective program service delivery.
PERSONAL CONTACTS AND PURPOSE
Works closely with participants, programs staff and volunteers to ensure effective program service delivery.
The position involves the very dynamic, active physical work associated with delivering program services and ensuring smooth participant flow into and through busy service areas (such as clothing bank, grocery). The position must be physically able to move freely through the two floors of the building.
Work environment will vary from an office to the outside food distribution area (during COVID-19 response) to the Program Services lobby and to various program service areas such as the clothing bank and grocery.
As an Employee at The Action Center, I have read and understand this Job Description. I understand that I am responsible for adhering to this document, including the sections listed under the areas of Duties & Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, Physical Demands and Work Environment.