BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF COLORADO MISSION
The mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
By partnering with youth mentees, parents/guardians, volunteers, local communities, and caring philanthropist we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
ABOUT BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF COLORADO
Since 1918, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado (BBBSC) has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is incredible potential. As part of the nation’s largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages nine through young adulthood in Colorado. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
BBBSC serves youth through a portfolio of mentoring programs.
- Community-based is a traditional mentoring program. Mentee/mentor matches determine activities of mutual interest and meet two to four times per month.
- Sports Buddies is an innovative mentoring program started by BBBSC in 2000. Mentee/mentor matches meet one to two times per month for sports-based activities that are planned, scheduled, and overseen by BBBSC staff.
- The mentor2.0 program matches youth attending a partner high school one-to-one with an adult mentor starting in high school and through the first year of post-secondary education or training. Matches in mentor2.0 communicate and build their relationship through weekly email exchanges using the research-based “College Ready” curriculum.
Provide support to the People and Operations department as well as limited support for the President/CEO and VP of Programs. This position will support the overall logistics of the office including, but not limited to, reception of department visitors, scheduling and calendar maintenance, performing office management assessment and actions. This position will be an integral part regarding employee engagement as a culture champion.
COMMITMENT TO JEDI
We are committed to creating and cultivating a safe environment where all individuals feel respected and valued equally. We - BBBSC staff and board - are committed to a nondiscriminatory and anti-racist approach and are committed to dismantling any inequities within our policies, systems, programs and services.
At BBBSC, Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) is an integral part of our values and mission. We recognize, affirm, and celebrate the diverse backgrounds, lives, and experiences of all our stakeholders, including youth, families, donors, volunteers, and staff. We ensure the opportunity for all voices and perspectives to be heard and honored. In the workplace, we foster an environment where all people can be their best selves. We affirm that every person [regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, marital or veteran status] has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We strive to realize the full potential that is within all of us by ensuring that all voices and perspectives are heard and honored.