Health & Mental Health | Programs/Services
The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist in the treatment of participants and other support functions of the position as required.
- Administers physical therapy treatments to participants, working in conjunction with the program physical therapist. To assist in providing PT treatment directed by the treatment plan developed by the program physical therapist. To assist the program physical therapist in evaluations and treatments of participants.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists clients in learning and improving functional activities, such as pre-ambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities.
- Observes participants during treatments and complies and evaluates data on participants’ responses to treatments and progress.
- Assists with and trains in use and care of orthoses, prostheses, and supportive devices.
- Confers with staff and family members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Performs various clerical tasks, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering phones and planning activities.
- May measure participant’s range of joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatment or to assist physical therapist to compile data for participant evaluations.
- Maintains good working relations with other community groups and seeks opportunities to communicate Easterseals programs and volunteer needs.
- Maintains accurate records of activities, policies and procedures, statistics and other information relative to the NRADP.
- Reviews and evaluates the recreation program on a regular basis, makes recommendations for changes and works with all staff to maintain maximum effectiveness of program.
- Performs Other duties as assigned by the NRADP director.
- Attend weekly and quarterly Staff meetings
Insure Sanitation of Facility
Develop and Maintain Positive Relationships with Consumers and Referral Sources
- Provide exceptional customer services, both internally externally.
- Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with consumers and their families/care providers, co-workers and referral sources.
- Work and communicate as a member of a treatment team.
- Transfer, lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds
- Walking, bending, squatting, reaching
- Brief sitting
- Fine dexterity