Thistle is a mission-based, affordable housing Real Estate company in Boulder, CO. Boulder faces a critical shortage of affordable housing and Thistle is in a unique position to create and preserve the quality and quantity of housing for working families and economically disadvantaged people.
The Mission of Thistle Communities is to create, manage and preserve quality, permanently affordable homes for working families, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Thistle is a local mission-driven nonprofit with over 874 Thistle Affordable Ownership and Rental Homes in Boulder County, housing over 1,700 people. We've been around for over 35 years and we continue to grow. Thistle is in a unique position to improve and increase the quality and quantity of housing for working families and economically disadvantaged people.
How Thistle Operates
We work in a well-established collaborative environment of about 40 people where you’ll have significant responsibility and the opportunity to engage with professional resources to amplify your experience. Work is accomplished independently and within your properties’ specific portfolio/team (there are five portfolios); you will be accountable for goals and performance of your portfolio team that support the overall direction of the company. We are dedicated to making the work experience meaningful and productive.
- Responsible for the operational and financial success of affordable multifamily communities.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Director and other portfolio team members to ensure the well-being of our community and residents.
- Provide guidance and leadership to team members assigned to your portfolio. Provide exceptional customer service to community residents. Display supervisory and organizational skills that contribute to the success of the community and the Thistle team.
- Maintain exceptional documentation related to the operations.
- Ensure, through clear direction and oversight, that your properties are well-maintained – from curb appeal to readying units for occupancy and well performed maintenance work orders.
- Manage the leasing of units to residents. This includes lease signing and move-in, periodic in-unit health and safety inspections, regulatory compliance, lease enforcement, emergency management and move-out inspections.
- Actively participate in the annual operational and capital budget programs.
- Design and implement resident retention programs and neighborhood community partnerships.
- Serve as the “eyes and ears” for Thistle to keep our community and residents well.
Salaried, full-time (work weeks average four nine-hour days (36 hours minimum, however this may vary depending on workload and company needs).