- Develops and implements strategy for assigned asset class
- Recommends and makes appropriate investment decisions based on fundamental, quantitative, qualitative and technical research
- Reviews macroeconomics, analyses and contributes to the formulation of timely and appropriate investment strategies for the fixed income funds in assigned portfolio area
- Sources and recommends investments while monitoring existing holdings for continued investment suitability
- Assists with the development and implementation of strategy for PERA's consolidated Fixed Income Portfolio, including asset allocation decisions
- Manages funds to achieve performance above established guideline benchmarks
- Ensures assigned portfolio(s) comply with established investment policies and procedures
- Utilizes investment software to facilitate decisions
- Builds/maintains relationships with key counterparts to achieve competitive trade execution
- May assist in the oversight of external managers
- Participates in training, conferences, and educational opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Maintains regular and prompt attendance in the workplace
- Carries out other duties as assigned including ad-hoc projects
ABOUT COLORADO PERA
Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to the employees of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. Our main office is located in Denver; where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty combine to make it the nation's top city in which to live, work, and play. PERA is a vital and stable contributor to Colorado's economy.
Our mission is to promote long-term financial security for our membership while maintaining the stability of the fund. Our vision is to become the retirement plan of choice for all Colorado public employees.
At PERA, you can be part of a dynamic, collaborative group of professionals working to fulfill the retirement expectations of our members. You will use your unique skills to do important and meaningful work that is critical to the success of both the organization and the state of Colorado that you love. You will have the opportunity to develop, become an expert in your role, and tackle new challenges, all while enjoying the competitive compensation, lifestyle, and stability that PERA provides. Thus, for both member and employees, PERA represents "One of Colorado's Best Investments."
Position Title: Portfolio Manager Fixed Income
Division: Investments Fixed Income
Reports to: Director of Fixed Income
Job Status: Full Time; Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posting Dates: 2/11/2020 - 3/8/2020