ADMINISGTRATIVE AND MANAGEMENT:
- Provide a leadership role to advocacy staff members including scheduling, training, documenting hours, evaluation, supervision and providing feedback.
- Schedules employees and ensures proper 24-hour coverage to meet the needs of shelter.
- Communicates with agency staff to ensure proper quality of service provision.
- Participate in all agency in-service trainings, monthly all staff meeting and scheduled staff retreats.
- Make referrals to, and/or facilitate trainings to staff members and volunteers.
- Participate in system data collection and reports. Responsible for compiling and reporting data necessary for grants.
- Conduct chart reviews for Crisis Center outcome measurements.
- Complete necessary paper work and forms on scheduled shift.
- Execute sound decisions regarding emergency services/repairs to the shelter facility.
- Provide input in the development and implementation of shelter, community advocacy and legal programs and provides input about resources (financial, staffing, etc.) needed in the operation of these programs.
- Coordinates the on-call schedule and fills in for on-call duties as needed. Provides direction and, if necessary, coverage at shelter in the event of an emergency/crisis situation within shelter.
- Attends and facilitates monthly staff meetings. Presents information on topics relevant to the advocates and interns work, as requested.
- Promote interactions and provide a leadership role to volunteers, including training, documentation of hours, evaluation, supervision and feedback. Trains, schedules and supervises direct service (crisis line) volunteers.
- Answers the 24- hour crisis line and responds to call accordingly, as needed. Documents all calls whether crisis, advocacy, informational and/or counseling calls. Performs crisis intervention.
- Oversees stats tracking for the Lethality Assessment Program.
- Accepts and discharges clients from shelter, as necessary. Completes all documentation requires for intake and/or discharge of clients.
- Maintain strong, supportive relationships and open communication with clients in the program.
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements at all times.
- When necessary, assist clients with obtaining necessary services and provide direction to staff in terms of services provision. This includes, but is not limited to safety planning, navigations of the civil and criminal legal systems, social services, housing, and referrals to other agencies.
- Coordinates Adopt-A-Family Program in conjunction with the Director of Development.
- Adheres to and upholds all policies and procedures and protocols of Crisis Center. Ensures implementation of policies and procedures and provides feedback and corrective action to staff when necessary.
- Ensures implementation of all expectations that are required of clients, while in shelter (Welcome Packet, Living Agreement, Grievance Policy, etc)
- Collects and reports client statistics as required by the Crisis Center and grant funding.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by a person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements to the work of the Crisis Center and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Crisis Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Crisis Center will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Crisis Center does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender status, military status, age over 40, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.