Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
Leadership & Strategic Agility
- Works closely with the CRA President & CEO and other members of the leadership team on overall strategy and partnership ideas for the Association and the Foundation.
- Works with the CRF Board of Directors to implement the Board’s decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the CRF adheres to all pertinent laws, regulations and by-laws requirements.
- Responsible for development of the CRF budget (along with the CRA President & CEO) and attainment of budgeted goals as approved by the CRF Board of Directors.
- Includes strategic planning goals in the foundation’s annual work plan and monitors progress in meeting the plan’s goals.
- Proposes new programs and activities for Board review that are consistent with the mission of the CRF.
- Researches and applies for grants to fund new or existing Foundation activities.
- Develops and implements additional fundraising plans for Foundation activities.
- Conducts other activities as instructed by the CRF Board of Directors and/or the CRA President & CEO.
- Manages small staff plus contractors to achieve CRF goals.
- Manages and ensures a positive working relationship with Colorado ProStart, Youth Apprenticeship, and Restaurant Ready Programs.
- Manages and ensures success of the high school and post-secondary initiatives including but not limited to the annual ProStart Invitational, annual teacher trainings, college concurrent programs and scholarship program.
- Manages and ensures a positive working relationship with post-secondary partners.
- Serves as the Foundation’s liaison with the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation (NRAEF).
- Ensures that the foundation’s ProStart, apprenticeship and other applicable programs adhere to all contractual requirements with the NRAEF, the Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment (CDLE) and any other partners as appropriate.
Program Development and Implementation
- Responsible for the overall management, planning and execution of all CRF events and programs.
- Oversees all professional development activities, community outreach events and CRF educational initiatives.
- Responsible for overseeing all ProStart program management activities to include new ProStart program approvals, site evaluations, curriculum support, student recruitment, teacher/student professional development support, and the MSU Denver Concurrent/Dual Enrollment Program.
- Serves as a liaison to industry and the ProStart education community, fostering and maintaining good working relationships while providing critical program support to ProStart educators.
- Responsible for the management and growth of grant programs such as the Angel Relief Fund (employee emergency assistance grants) and the Colorado Outdoor Winter Dining Program (disaster relief to restaurants to help with costs of outdoor patio programs in winter). Develops and manages new programs as needed by the industry.
Marketing, Outreach, and Collaboration
- Responsible for creating, building, and managing strong collaborative relationships with key partners of CRF programs.
- Directs strategy and implementation of special events, booths and presentations.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of Colorado ProStart programs in high schools throughout Colorado, including coordination of local working partnerships between high schools, CRA Chapters, and area restaurateurs/hoteliers; promotion of professional development for high school instructors; and development of working partnerships with postsecondary hospitality institutions.
- Represents and promotes CRF through community event/conference attendance and occasional media appearances.
- Responsible for CRF social media and publicity efforts while working closely with the CRA Communication Director.
- Authors program updates, profiles and articles as needed.
- Supervises, directs and manages consultants and volunteers when applicable.
- Travel within the state in order to provide support for CO ProStart and Youth Apprenticeship initiative as needed.
- Travel outside the state 3-5 times per year to attend meetings and conferences as necessary.
- Other travel inside and outside the state from time to time for industry events.
Interaction with Others
- Considerable interaction with Colorado ProStart High School teachers, school administrators, students, parents, counselors, etc.
- Considerable interaction with CRA staff and members, CRA Chapters, CRA & CRF board members, and industry partners.