Education | Health & Mental Health | Other
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to do work that matters and give back to your community? If you have a passion for cooking and for working with kids, this is the ideal job for you!
Jefferson Hills is committed to providing safe and supportive treatment programs and learning environments for Colorado’s at risk children, youth, and families. Jefferson Hills provides residential care at our two facilities in Lakewood and Aurora. This job posting is for cook positions at our Aurora site at 1290 S. Potomac Street, Aurora.
Why Work for Us:
We not only care about our communities, we care about our employees too. We provide excellent benefits for our regularly employed staff.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Group Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan (403 B)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Free meals on-site when working
- Tuition reimbursement and on-going training
Who We are Looking for:
We are currently seeking full-time and part-time cooks. Benefits begin at 20 hours a week.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience cooking
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass a background check to include CBI and FBI Fingerprint, checks, Drug Screenings and TRAILs database for child neglect/abuse
- Customer Service oriented toward students and co-workers
What You Will Do:
Follow recipes for cooking large quantities, including complying with requirements for temperature controls and cooking times and other USDA Food Program regulations.
- Maintain kitchen in a neat, orderly, and safe fashion.
- Coordinate the cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen to stay in compliance licensing and code requirements.
- Work as a member of a team, sharing in the performance of all duties to include: following recipes for cooking large quantities of food, prep work, cleaning, inventory, recording food temperatures, serving students, etc.
Note, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
To Apply and see the complete job description go to: https://jeffersonhills.recruiting.com/school-cook-year-round-aurora/job/11153465
Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age over 40, race, creed, color, disability, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.