The Guest Services Coordinator at Family Motel is directly responsible for the management of the residential facility (during their shift). This program serves multiple populations in different programs: family shelter, respite shelter and a Grant Per Diem program within the facility. Service modalities include Trauma Informed Care, Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, Crises De-escalation and Critical Time Intervention. Job duties include supporting appropriate housing stability; ensuring client needs are met, maintaining the safety and wellbeing of all residents, maintaining the cleanliness of the facility, coordinating activities, maintaining client files and program data entry/ maintenance. Further, the Guest Services Coordinators may develop specialty areas including housing, employment, legal services, benefits, or others as indicated by the needs of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that the guest’s voice is heard, and when appropriate the guest’s ideas play a prominent role in programming.
• Responsible for possessing an in-depth knowledge regarding program requirements, including the referral process, support services, and field-relevant best practices.
• Demonstrates knowledge of guest-specific resources, a passion for serving the population and people experiencing homelessness, and the ability to contribute to the program-wide objectives of a diverse and dynamic team.
• Clearly documents all client interactions along with required eligibility and demographic information. Ensures timely reporting within data entry systems and hard copy files in accordance with guidelines. Develops specialized knowledge related to service delivery database systems within the organization including Service Point and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
• Performs duties in a professional manner by maintaining the confidentially of all information and by participating effectively within and across teams.
• Maintains physical and emotional safety of all guests in the facility. Manages the milieu and addresses any guest conflict immediately to de-escalate. Will contact emergency personnel as necessary and will accurately and adequately complete any reports or documentation required.
• Supports team members by serving as a resource for analyzing and solving problems and staying abreast of current issues and theories within the field.
• Oversees and participates in general house maintenance such as assisting in supplying linen and personal items, conducting building walk-through, enforcing rules, etc.
• Serves as coordinator for holiday projects and other special projects as assigned.
• Assists in supervision of volunteers during shifts worked.
• Maintains regular front desk duties that include but are not limited to: answering phone calls, taking messages, accepting donations, handling mail, handing out bus pass.
• Serves as a mentor to junior personnel to develop knowledge and experience regarding best practice standards within their workgroup. May be responsible for training staff members assigned to their team.
• Serves as a member of the coverage on-call rotation team (full-time only).
• Provides coverage at other facilities other than assigned facility as requested by management staff.
• Participates during work hours in the scheduling of staff for open shifts as requested by management staff.
• Attends staff meetings and training as scheduled. Participates as an equal member of the Family Motel team.
• Monitors activities of the motel during all shifts worked and participates in the On-call rotation
• Notifies Maintenance of needed repairs and other concerns in a timely manner
• Takes action to discharge motel guests who have failed to comply with established expectations and applicable laws.
• Performs job responsibilities in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in a related area or the equivalent experience in human services.
• One year direct human service experience.
• Willing to obtain first aid, automated external defibrillator and cardiopulmonary resuscitation certifications and keep current.
• Criminal and civil background checks within 30 days of hire.
• Good organizational and planning skills; works well as part of a team.
• Experience working with individuals experiencing: chronic homelessness, severe and persistent mental health concerns and residential case management experience.
• Residential experience and/or milieu management.
• Crises intervention skills
• Models core culture attributes of VOACO that include “AIRS” (Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service).
• Models and VOACO’s three critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
• Utilization of various databases including Homeless Management Information System and Service Point.
• Ensures equitable and inclusive services.
• Ensures that resident(s) has an active voice in programming.
• Possesses genuine empathy and compassion
• Open to receiving and providing feedback; focused on conflict resolution
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• High level of competency working with Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based applications.
• Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
• Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong organization skills
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to be single-staffed while at the facility while having the responsibility for the safety of the guests.
• Ability to quickly and safely go up and down stairs regularly throughout the shift to do perimeter checks, and in cases of an emergency.
• Some lifting is required, but should rarely exceed 25lbs.
• The employee may be exposed to severe weather conditions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• The Guests Services Coordinator position is part-time, Monday through Friday, 3p-7p, 20/hours a week
• While Coordinators are on duty, they are likely single-staffed and unless they have established coverage for an approved reason, they will be expected to stay at the facility for the entirety of their shift.
• All full time staff are considered “essential staff,” requiring to be on their scheduled shifts regardless of holidays or inclement weather. This is compensated as determined by HR.
• All full time staff are also required be on the on-call rotation. This may result in being on-call approximately every 4-6 weeks. During on-call, all staff are required to answer calls for coverage issues for an entire seven days (Friday at 5pm until the next Friday at 5pm). This may require coverage of shifts at all residential facilities. There is a $100 stipend as compensation for being on call plus any overtime worked.
• The Family Motel is staffed 24 hours a day year round.
4855 West Colfax Avenue
Denver, CO 80204
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.