Education | Programs/Services | Other
Strategic Development Manager
Location: Englewood, CO
Early Learning Ventures (ELV) is a Colorado-based not-for-profit organization dedicated to expanding access to quality early child care. The organization was founded by the David & Laura Merage Foundation and focuses its efforts on improving the quality of child care programs offered at the nation’s center-based and family child care home facilities—85 percent of which are small, independent businesses that lack the infrastructure and resources to invest in quality improvements.
Early Learning Ventures is seeking a Strategic Development Manager to lead the fund development effort to support the national expansion of our non-profit technology enabled shared services model. This is a pivotal position and we are searching for an inspired candidate to join our dynamic organization.
The Strategic Development Manager will be responsible for implementing the strategic scaling vision of our organization through their role in fund development. The successful candidate will be well networked in the early childhood education philanthropy space, a gifted fundraiser, an effective presenter, and devoted to our mission.
This position will work closely with the Executive Director and ELV Management team, with three primary areas of responsibility: strategic planning, fundraising and partner communications.
- Lead the design and execution of organizational scaling strategy
- Develop strategies for earned revenue and other sources of sustainable income
- Create and execute a strategy for sustained base of annual individual donors; manage yearly giving campaign, identify and execute new funder opportunities
- Develop and implement a systematic fundraising approach designed to provide a consistent, multi-faceted and expanding revenue stream
- Build diversified revenue stream for the organization, including earned income
- Research private foundation prospects and develop strategies for seeking new support or renewing private support
- Identify, cultivate and secure major gifts; develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Liaise with foundations and funding organizations; engage with program officers; effectively and persuasively present ELV’s case for support; lead the generation of LOIs, proposals, and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Attend relevant events or conferences to cultivate donors and prospects
- Help refine the organization’s national expansion vision and develop the related communication materials
- Lead communications with current and potential financial backers and strategic partners
- Serve as a credible and compelling spokesperson for the organization with the media and influencers in the early childhood and education arena
What will it take to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years of fund development and related communications work experience, with a record of achievement in a mission-driven, social impact organization
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant advanced degree preferred
- Experience developing and managing grants and budgets
- Experience meeting or exceeding fundraising targets
- Demonstrated ability to write and present clearly and persuasively
- Experience in social entrepreneurship (preferred)
- Excellent public speaker: able to communicate passion about the organization, and move people emotionally
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a compelling way to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency with Sales Force CRM and desktop publishing/graphics applications is a plus
- High degree of initiative and energy, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail
- Independent, self-motivated, able to work effectively and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, and judgment
What does ELV have to offer you?
- Excellent benefits (medical, dental, & vision)
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation days
- Paid personal days
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
The salary range for this role is $60K - $80k. This range may be modified in the future depending on experience and skillset. This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
Early Learning Ventures through Merage Social Impact is an equal employment opportunity employer.