Programs/Services | Other
Position Summary: Starting salary is $19.00/hour. The Student Advisor will work in conjunction with other Futures staff, as well as Aurora Public School (APS), Community College of Aurora (CCA), and Pickens contacts and other nonprofit and service-oriented agencies in order to recruit and support youth enrolled at Futures Academy. After receiving the necessary pre-collegiate developmental work at Futures Academy, students will be eligible to take college classes at CCA, career technical classes at Pickens Technical College, and the GED. Futures Academy is dedicated to helping students achieve personal and academic success through post-secondary education and inspiring qualities of life-long learners.
Futures Academy serves students ages 17-21, who have too few credits to receive a traditional high school diploma, but are interested in furthering their education and pursuing post-secondary opportunities and pursuing post-secondary opportunities. Through a partnership with Colorado Youth for a Change and Aurora Public Schools, Futures Academy provides students with the resources, guidance, and academic instructional that allows them to earn college credits (up to an associate’s degree), technical certifications, a GED, or a combination of the three. Futures Academy combines a competency-based approach to teaching and learning with targeted case management to help students overcome barriers to academic and personal success in a safe and supportive learning community that respects and values the strengths and experience of each student. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Full time position.
The primary duties of a Student Advisor include:
- Each Advisor is responsible for making recruitment calls and connecting with the APS High Schools around referrals to ensure that enrollment meets or exceeds our October Count contract with Aurora Public Schools each year.
- Collaborating with APS high school counselors as assigned to fill 25 direct placement spots at Futures Academy by October 1 each year
- Assessing each youth to determine if Futures Academy is appropriate for them
- Managing a caseload of 50-75 students per year by following guidelines provided in Futures Case Management Protocol
- Building relationships with each youth on caseload while ascertaining their interest in returning to school and continuing on with post-secondary education
- Addressing barriers to student learning by connecting them with service providers so they may focus on school
- Empowering youth to navigate the registration process by assisting them with the paperwork involved and with obtaining the documents needed
- Conducting ongoing conversations and advisement with students regarding transitions and placement into post-secondary education, particularly at the Community College of Aurora or Pickens Technical College
- Tracking student progress in CYC database and other program spreadsheets
- Using Infinite Campus to monitor student attendance, enter excused absences, check transcripts, etc.
- Collaborating with the other Futures Academy staff to improve student achievement
- Specializing in one or more support areas, such as facilitating enrollment and engagement at Pickens Technical College or Community of Aurora, acting as contact for McKinney Vento communication and resources, acting as a Student Assessment Coordinator for one/or more of the State Standardized Tests, or filling another identified gap at Futures.