Our webinar will draw on 25 years of experience at Public News Service and Media in the Public Interest in reaching audiences outside of the traditional nonprofit media bubbles. We will:
- Explore our own biases in our media outreach and the pitfalls between PR and the news.
- Introduce the concept of polarity management and how we can tell our stories in ways that connect with audiences across divides.
- Breakdown where the people we aim to reach are and how we can reach them.
- Look at successful cases of stories that have smashed the media echo chamber, how they shaped the public discourse, and ultimately delivered for the common good.
Takeaways from session:
- How to tell your story in a digestible way that doesn't come across as PR or advocacy.
- How to acknowledge your own biases and account for them in storytelling while maintaining the integrity of your cause.
- Ideas for traditional and non-traditional media to tell your stories in.
Why this session matters: Achieving social change means changing public perception, public will, and often public policy. Creating a receptive environment for change requires a communications strategy to normalize public interest messages among a public who is bombarded by media that reinforces the status quo.
- Free for members of Colorado Nonprofit Association (must be logged in for discount on Regular price)
- $25.00 for non-members
Event Custom Fields